Congregation Beth Elohim Early Learning Center (CBE ELC) celebrates childhood by employing an emergent curriculum interpreted through the lens of Jewish values. Our program is designed to foster a love of learning by nurturing intellectual and social-emotional development, community-building, and mutual respect. At CBE ELC, children are encouraged to express interests and develop abilities through play, language, and exploration of art and music. Activities grounded in science, nature, pre-literacy and early math are integral elements of the everyday experience. We welcome families of all faiths and heritages, and celebrate the fullness of living in a multicultural world through songs, holidays and festivals, story, dance, and language.
All Jewish holidays are celebrated throughout the school year with a love and enthusiasm. Children learn an appreciation for our Hebrew language and Jewish culture and history. We infuse our celebrations with music, dance, stories and Torah talk and of course incorporate the love of Shabbat every week in our school wide celebration.
Our Vision for Children:
- To have fun and develop a passion for learning
- To embrace their own curiosity and explore individual and group interests
- To see themselves as lifelong learners, teachers, and self-advocates
- To learn how to foster enduring relationships
- To be enriched academically and culturally