The ELC has taken numerous initiatives to provide a safe, healthy environment for your children and our staff. We have done so under the guidance provided by the MA. Department of Early Education and Care (DEEC) and the Congregation Beth Elohim COVID-19 Task Force. The safety and well-being of our community is tantamount to us all.
Our precautions include:
- Parents must submit an electronic Daily Health Attestation form before the arrival of their child at school each day.
- Children are brought to school in an assigned 15 minute time slot and greeted by the Director or a teacher at the Main Entrance.
- Afternoon pick-ups are done at the playground doors, parents do not enter the building.
- All adults and children must wear a mask once they enter the school grounds. Children must wear a mask when in the building unless under the age of 2.
- Children will not wear a mask outdoors unless requested by their parents.
Inside the building
- No one other than staff and children are allowed in the preschool areas of the building.
- Classroom cohorts do not mix during the day, playground time is staggered for one class at a time.
- We provide a higher staff to child ratio than required by DEEC.
- Individual craft bins and sensory bins are provided; materials are not shared.
- Children wash their hands before playing and frequently throughout the day.
- Classrooms are sanitized and disinfected 3 times during the day and again nightly.
- The playground is disinfected after each classroom use and again at night
- Parent communication is provided via HiMama app, teachers and parents can connect directly.
- Parent Zoom meetings scheduled by classroom and school wide to maintain our community.
- Virtual tours offered to prospective families via FaceTime, Google Chat or Zoom.
In summary, we provide, as much as possible, risk-free entry and departure, ongoing health monitoring and sanitizing, safe cohorts, more teachers, frequent communication between home and school — and most of all — wonderful social engagement with their peers for our children.